Parkinson’s disease (PD) belongs to a group of conditions called motor system disorders, which are the result of the loss of dopamine-producing brain cells.
The four primary symptoms of PD are:
- Tremor, or trembling in hands, arms, legs, jaw, and face;
- Rigidity, or stiffness of the limbs and trunk;
- Bradykinesia, or slowness of movement; and
- Postural instability, or impaired balance and coordination.
As these symptoms become more pronounced, patients may have difficulty walking, talking, or completing other simple tasks.
PD usually affects people over the age of 60.
HOW PHYSICAL THERAPY CAN HELP PARKINSONS IN CHUBBUCK
Parkinson’s Disease affects each patient a little different. Therefore, your physical therapist will perform a thorough evaluation of your condition.
We then develop a personalized treatment plan to help you become as independent as possible and to improve your activity level. Your treatment may address some of these common limitations:
- Improve your fitness level, strength, and flexibility
- Develop more effective strategies to get in and out of bed, chairs, and cars
- Rollover in bed more easily
- Stand and turn to change directions more efficiently
- Improve the smoothness and coordination of your walking
- Improve your ability to perform hand movements
- Decrease your risk of falling
- Climb and descend stairs and curbs
- Participate in activities that are important to you
We are here to help. If you would like to learn more about our Parkinson’s Disease rehabilitation program, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Request An Appointment
Please fill out this form and
we will contact you about scheduling.
Debby & Steve Wilcox
Very friendly staff and caring therapists. They helped me through my pain and taught me excercises/stretches to help in the future!
First visit and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the service. All of their personnel were welcoming, professional and efficient. I received a cupping treatment for my shoulder that has kept me from sleeping properly for a week, and afterwards walked out feeling much better. If the initial visit is any indication of their day to day service.. then I highly recommend HDPT to anyone. Thank you too Jared, Penny and the rest of the staff. I’ll be seeing you again.